Experiencing tooth loss, discoloration and decay? Never fear; we’re here to help. Here in Dallas, Texas, we at Smiley Dental and Orthodontics can return your smile to what it once was. We may have already recommended dentures, or you may be considering them on your own. Here are some things to think about:
Smiley Dental and Orthodontics offers two types of dentures:
• Complete dentures are useful in cases of severe tooth loss, gum disease or aging. They replace all your teeth–on top, on the bottom or both.
• Partial dentures, also called dental bridges, are useful if you are missing some teeth and the others are still strong. They literally bridge the gap in your teeth, replacing only part of your arch.
Here are some benefits of dentures:
• Increased chewing capacity
• Clearer speaking abilities
• A filled out, younger looking face
• A beautiful smile
Dentures take some time to adjust to. Until then, you may see minor side effects like irritation or soreness and increased saliva flow. If these continue for more than a few weeks, please call us at 214.321.8400 so we can take care of you.
Denture wearers’ oral hygiene routine looks a little different. Here’s a snapshot of your daily routine:
• After eating, take out your dentures and rinse them
• Brush your dentures and the inside of your mouth and tongue every day
• Soak the dentures in water or a denture solution every night.
If you’re interested in getting your customized complete or partial denture, call us at 214.321.8400. We’re always here to make you smile.